Getting kids outside and playing in nature is essential for healthy and normal development.
Little Foxes is an outdoor play group for children 0 – 5 and their carers.
This nature play group has an emphasis on learning through play and the natural environment.
Both free play and group discoveries are encouraged in the weekly meet-ups.
Each 1 hour session (1.5 hours for Tues & Wed) follows a loose structure –
- A simple guided nature activity.
- free and associative play.
- close with story.
Sessions for Term 3, 2017 are as follows;
Monday – Fyansford (Geelong)
17th July – 18th September 9:45am & 11am
Tuesday – Youyangs
18th July – 19th September 10:00am – 11:30am & 12pm – 1:30pm
Our Lunch Time Session at the You Yangs is geared towards 3 – 5 year olds – younger siblings are welcome too!
Wednesday – Ceres (Geelong)
19th July – 20th September 10:00am – 11:30am
Thursday – Inverleigh
10th August – 14th September (6 weeks only) 10:00am – 11am
Bookings for all sessions are available via our shop
Please note – sessions will run outdoors in all weather – rain, sun, drizzle and wind – with this in mind it’s advisable that your child and you both have a range of suitable clothes to back you up! Raincoats, sun hats, gumboots, waterproof trousers, scarves, gloves and beanies are all helpful to have on hand.
While we love dogs, we ask that you do not bring them along to Little Foxes, Thankyou.
Sessions will be facilitated by Bec Wilson & Sarah Clarkson.
Session facilitators hold current First Aid level 2 & a Working with Children Check.
The Fox Guild has Public Liability Insurance.
Little Foxes members need take out Playgroup Victoria Membership to cover you for any insurance issues. Current members of Playgroup Victoria are able to link their membership to Little Foxes Nature Play Group – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out our groups code.
There are risks that we encounter at Nature Play and we ask that you familiarise yourself with our riskassessment-feb-2017 document before booking into a session.
Why an outdoor playgroup?
There are so many reasons for having an outdoor playgroup. Here’s a few;
- Playing outside is fun
- We live in a very mild climate where we can be outside all year round
- The benefits to children are huge – language skills, increased immunity, learning to negotiate risk, reduced anxiety, co-operation, wellbeing – (click here for more)
- Studies estimate Australian families are spending an average of 40 minutes a week outside (dirtgirl #welovebeingoutside)
- It provides an outlet for sensory play – helping children manage their bodies through using their vestibular and proprioceptive senses.
- Increasingly children are spending large amounts of time in front of screens and this is adversely affecting health and learning.
- Golden Plains Shire, National Parks Victoria & Geelong City Council all have beautiful spaces it’s fabulous to be able to get out and enjoy it.
“There’s no such thing as bad weather – only inappropriate clothing”
If you have registered via Big Cartel after reading our risk assessment document – please fill in the contact form below. Thankyou.